The Technology Incubator is currently accepting applications from entrepreneurs focused in the following industries: Bio-sciences, Material Sciences, Information Technology and Advanced Manufacturing.
To apply, follow the selection process outlined below.
Contact the NDSU Research & Technology Park: Please contact John Cosgriff, Incubator Manager, by phone at 701.499.3600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your business venture and schedule an initial meeting.
Submit an Executive Summary: Submit an Executive Summary of your business to email@example.com. Your Executive Summary should include a brief description of your business, product(s), market characteristics, financials, goals, and management.
Initial Meeting: During the initial meeting with the Incubator Manager, you will be asked to present a PowerPoint presentation to better introduce us to your business.
Application Process: After the initial meeting, and determining a potential fit of your business with the Technology Incubator, the formal application process begins:
- Application: You will be asked to complete an application, which requires the submission of a business plan and in-depth description of your business.
- Panel Interview: The Incubator Manager, a portion of the Advisory Board, and/or industry specialists will formally interview you and/or representatives of your business.
- Advisory Board Meeting: Following your presentation to the Advisory Board, the Board will meet to review your application. The Board will make a decision regarding your acceptance into the program and make a recommendation as to the appropriate length of occupancy.
- Applicant should be a new business start-up, or new division of an existing company, focused on the innovation and commercialization of new products in a primary sector business.
- Applicant should demonstrate business concepts and goals that are well defined, technology based, and well aligned with the mission and objectives of the Technology Incubator, NDSU Research & Technology Park, and North Dakota State University.
- The business must be within one of the technology sectors supported by the Technology Incubator.
- Applicants must have a product, or developed product concept, and must not be in pure research mode.
- The applicant must present a management team that is capable of handling the technical aspects of the business or understands how to obtain needed technical assistance.
- The applicant must have a product, technology, or service that can benefit from the value-added services provided by Technology Incubator, Advisory Board, Coaches/Mentors, and the business network. In addition, the applicant must have the future ability to graduate from the incubator and become a successful part of the business community.
- Applicant should demonstrate the potential for business growth and job creation.
- The applicant must show the ability to pay rent while working towards an equity investment and/or developing a positive cash flow that will allow them to sustain operations over time.
- The applicant must not be in direct competition with another start-up already located in the Technology Incubator.